Buzz's Pool
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buzz's Pool

It's gotten bigger.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Macer vs Lich sketch story dump

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avalanch
Gnome
Gnome
Avalanch

Community Worth : 13

Macer vs Lich sketch story dump Empty
PostSubject: Macer vs Lich sketch story dump   Macer vs Lich sketch story dump Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Ch 1: A Business Proposal

She was the awesomest badass-est bitch this side of the Lich bogs. Ain't no better pick for clobbering zombie skulls and crushing skeleton jaws.

The Lich of Kalaba Swamp leaned forward. Lord Boxaroth was his name. He looked tired in the way his figure slumped forward, his unseen chin propped against an ebony gauntlet in idle frustration. The guy looked like how Max felt on some mornings after a particularly eventful evening breaking chairs on people's backs at the tavern.
"My request was sent two years ago," the Lich said, his deep full voice almost growling with impatience. "I promised to pay double what mortals would. And now, after no reply, the great Macers send a sole maceman to my aid?"

Max shifted her weight. "Erm, well, this is awkward. See, I'm a macer by family only. I don't actually work for them."

Boxaroth's dark helm revealed no expression. "A freelance maceman has wandered into my realm seeking work, who just so happens to be a macer."

"Yep. I actually didn't even know this was owned by a lich. Just figured people here didn't know how to farm... and that they were skeletons, and that's just... how they were."

"How naive of you."

"Well, you wanna hire me or not?"

"My need for mortal arms still stands. We seven Liches are in a most uncomfortable stalemate. None of our legions of undead can cross the boarders of our influence without being converted by a rival lord. The only soldiers who can remain loyal are those uninfluenced by our direct power."

"So, me."

Boxaroth leaned forward. "I need an army, girl. I have my doubts you alone would suffice to overcome the swarms of Lord Xerxes, or Baron Halwrath, let alone Kevin."

"Kevin?"

The lich turned away to clutch his metalic hand in quivering rage. "...Kevin."

"Well, I may not be an army, but I am a hero."

"Show me."

Boxaroth rose a hand and the two skeletal guards at his sides drew their bastard swords and advanced. Max readied her mace. The skeleton on the left began to charge, sword pointed forward in a jousting lunge. Max parried, reversing her swing to then knock the skeletal sword hand clear off its joint. The skeleton's jaw opened in surprise. Max shut it with her foot, knocking the guard to the ground. The second skeleton approached from behind, its weapon raised. Max blocked the swing over her head, steadying her mace with both hands. She turned and shattered the guard's knees swiftly.
Then her hair began to prick up, and she felt a surge of power. Behind her the Lich had risen, and held a steady hand of crackling magic, palm facing her. A bolt of aquamarine lightning shot from Boxaroth's palm and connected with Max's mace instantaneously, lighting its ancient runes an eerie hue. The light grew dim thereafter, its energy absorbed by the ancient heirloom of the Macer family.

Boxaroth scoffed, apparently in approval. He sat back down and flicked his wrist. The defeated skeleton guard was reassembled telekinetically. "You are who you say you are, rogue Macer."

Max brushed her hair from her face. "Heh. Rogue."

"Since you claim to be a hero, I shall treat you as such. Slay Baron Halwrath, bring me his skull, and I shall pay you in full. No advance, no aid from me. I trust if you need a party you will inquire the local tavern."

"What's a lich doing with a tavern? Don't you guys hate mortals?"

"I've unlived for so long, I've lost touch with my youthful hatred."

"Whatever, so long as I get money."
Back to top Go down
https://buzzspool.forumotion.com

Macer vs Lich sketch story dump
Page 1 of 1